Amazon Software Development Engineer
Amazon is hiring for the position of Software Development Engineer. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
Are you a smart, hungry, flexible, and world-class software engineer excited by the challenge of launching a new business initiative for Amazon? Amazon India Consumer team is looking for software engineers to be part of greenfield disruptive project to build just walk out technology in India. As part of this team, the engineer would be responsible for designing and building web services in a new greenfield area. You will work with Senior/Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will get an opportunity to solve complex engineering problems and design for scale. This is a unique project to seed JWO in India and creating magical experience for our customers.
India Consumer Business (ICB) Technology team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon’s fastest growing marketplace. We are a multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market. Our engineers own the complete consumer and seller experience for Amazon India, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS and EC2) and build and operate highly scalable, low latency mobile first products and services. We are solving last mile engineering challenges around Mobile, Product Discovery, Delivery, Payments, Logistics, Customer experience, Seller experience and more
If you are looking for an opportunity to build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today! You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
· Rich professional experience in object oriented programming such as Java or C++
· 3+ years’ experience with Service Oriented Architecture
· 3+ years’ experience with web technologies: JS, CSS, and HTML
· Experience with performance optimization on enterprise level software
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.