Apptio Off Campus drive 2020 | Hiring For Software Development Engineer I
Apptio is hiring for the position of Software Development Engineer I. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT.
Us: We are a growing and fast-moving team of engineers helping our customers understand and optimize their IT costs. Our work spans the whole stack: we ingest and analyze massive data sets, scan billing and usage patterns for insights, automate these insights and present data to our customers in an intuitive UI. We follow the DevOps model.
|Experience||1 to 3 Years|
You: A fearless and dynamic engineer on an upward path:
- You have ambitious career goals and are looking for a company and team where these goals will be fulfilled.
- You are not afraid to take risks.
- You are computer science literate and can demonstrate competency in the qualifications you put on your resume.
- You can quickly figure out how things work.
- You can read code and learn from it; you can write code so others can learn from it.
- You can quickly integrate into a team and start contributing.
- You are comfortable working in multiple code bases and languages.
- Proven experience delivering enterprise level software, testing and supporting software applications.
- Proficiency with Java is essential.
- Proficient with REST APIs
- Demonstrable computer science literacy: algorithms, data structures
- Experience with relational databases, schema design, SQL
- Proven application development skills with web or enterprise scale software.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming
- Excellent communication skills, collaboration across teams and critical thinking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
One or more of the following areas:
- Work experience with system design, software defined infrastructure, microservices.
- Experience with AWS and/or other public cloud technologies.
- Database implementations (query optimization, index generation, caching) or NoSQL DBs a plus
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git and Mercurial.
- Experience with test-driven development and frameworks (e.g. JUnit).
- Experience working in a DevOps model.