Avantor Off Campus drive 2020 | Hiring For Jr. Analyst
Avantor is hiring for the position of Jr. Analyst. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
Avantor is a leading global provider of integrated, tailored solutions for the life sciences and advanced technology industries. Strengthened by the recent acquisition of VWR, the Company is a trusted partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million products, Avantor enables customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world.
POSITION PROFILE: (Basic Purpose of Position)
Develop, analyze, and execute budgets that allocate current resources and estimate future financial requirements. Examine, analyze, and determine profit increases and efficiency improvements. Provide assistance in preparation of organization and departmental budgets. Consolidate departmental budgets into operating and capital budget summaries. Monitor and review the budget to determine if allocated funds are appropriately spent. Work under moderate level of guidance with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on complex projects.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
• Prepares reports on organization performance on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
• Assists in conducting financial analysis activities such as budget variance analysis, risk management and cash management.
• Ensures systems controls are in place and determines operation’s consistency with corporate objectives and standards through various verification methods and procedures.
• Analyzes profit-and-loss income statements and prepares reports; prepares annual, quarterly, or monthly financial and operational reports.
• Analyzes trends in sales, finance and other areas of business.
• Analyzes financial data and various statements, including cash flow, income, and balance sheets.
• Assists in preparation of product line profitability analyses.
• Assists in preparation of operating budgets for units or departments based on actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports and other factors.
• Develops financial models in support of the annual budget and forecasting processes.
Position Description: Page 2
Last Update Date: July 2018
• Evaluates and determines profit margin increases and possible improvements in efficiency.
• Researches and recommends options and solutions for organizational improvement in expenses.
• Analyzes availability of current resources and makes recommendations on allocation.
• Gathers data to support budgeting analysis and forecasting. Analyzes current budgets to determine if funds are appropriately spent.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
▪ Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; MBA or CPA or CFA or CA intermediate pass out
▪ KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
▪ Good knowledge of Accounting / Finance / Analytics.
▪ Excellent knowledge of budgeting, cash management, and financial analysis processes.
▪ Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs