Discovery Off Campus drive hiring For Software Development Engineer I
Discovery is hiring for the position of Software Development Engineer I. For insights and updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
We are looking for top Engineering talent, whose deep technical expertise and problem-solving skills are matched only by their passion for design and user experience. Our team builds the user experiences for OTT applications on WebM, Android, iOS, FireTV, and tvOS. If you delight in delivering high quality, fast, and efficient mobile, web, and connected device applications to millions of customers, then this is the role for you
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct 2 Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network’s brands globally. We are building modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing, to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks including Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport and Discovery Play. This growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
We are hiring Software Development Engineers to join our team in Pune / Mumbai. As a Software Development Engineer, you will work in collaboration with Delivery Managers, building and testing new features, and bug fixes.
You are a collaborative team member, participates actively in team meetings and encourages fellow Engineers and other team members to be more productive. You are a fast learner and thrive in challenging situations and are keen to contribute individually and along with small teams.
|Work Location||Mumbai, India|
|Profile||Software Development Engineer I|
• You write efficient, readable, testable code units to contribute to the overall functionality of the software.
• You understand computer science concepts and are passionate about them. You are abreast with the latest in the technology world and are keen to address challenging engineering problems.
• You are comfortable with scrum agile methodologies, adapting best engineering practices by showing people, not just telling people
• You are a fast learner and comfortable to change and adapt to a fast-changing environment
• You have a positive attitude and have good communication and collaborative skills
• Proficient in Java 8, including use of object-oriented programming and design.
• You are familiar in Reactive programming, asynchronous, non-blocking backend engineering languages and concepts.
• Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
Do join our telegram channel for latest job updates : Join Now
Cracking the Coding Interview: click here