Expedia Group Off Campus drive 2020 | Hiring Experienced Professionals AS Software Dev Engineer I
Expedia Group is hiring for the position of Software Dev Engineer I. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Our Expedia Flights team is dedicated to building experiences that help travelers like you go places and makes our world more connected. We are a distributed team with representation in the United States, Mexico, Australia and India. Our Flights Shopping Platform is one of the largest in the world serving over 150 million queries a day and powering some of the strongest brands in the industry like Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Wotif, Hotwire and ebookers. Expedia disrupted the airline industry with its flight shopping and booking technology 20 years ago. We always want to “be the place travelers choose to explore and book flights for a trip” and are looking for talent to join us and build technology and experiences that power these.
We want you to bring your techie skills to our agile environment as we move from revolutionizing the web to redefining the mobile travel experience. From the back-end supply and database functions, to new user-interfaces for our more than 140 branded travel sites, there is no shortage of technical innovation.
What’s in it for you? Beyond travel perks and other competitive benefits, you can walk away from work each day knowing you truly made an impact. You can create a new feature that goes on the live site. You can build programs that streamline our backend search and supply processes. You can help localize content and systems globally. And you can do this all while working alongside smart, passionate techies who love travel to their core.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, debug and modify web services within flights’ microservices stack
- Write clean code utilizing object-oriented design principles, data structures and algorithms
- Create and maintain Spring based Java services and components that interact within and outside of Expedia’s technical stack.
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Performance and load test services and components you write from scalability and resiliency standpoint
- Practice resilience engineering for every frontend/backend component you build
- Support and maintain the flights services and microservices stack
- Help design and build reusable frameworks and libraries to simplify development
Who you are:
You are not only skilled at programming but an excellent communicator with a bias for action. You have focus and strong sense of ownership. Over time you will grow into a key technical resource capable of full stack development as well as driving cross-team design and architecture reviews.
- You are a voracious learner, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject area or equivalent experience
- 1-2+ years full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks
- Flexible in getting to know more and understanding both front-end as well as back-end services
- Experience working with Rest APIs and familiarity with development of services using Spring Boot on Cloud.
- Experience using code versioning tools for e.g. Git
- Experience and knowledge around Cloud technologies like AWS is a big plus
- Good communication and ability to explain technical details and challenges
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Ability to work in a diverse organization with global, decentralized teams working across multiple locations