Expedia Off Campus drive 2020 | Hiring Freshers AS Software Dev Engineer I
Expedia is hiring for the position of Software Dev Engineer I. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) helps knock down the barriers to travel, making it easier, more enjoyable, more attainable, and more accessible. We are here to bring the world within reach for customers and partners around the globe. Our extensive brand portfolio includes some of the world’s most trusted online travel brands, powered by the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our travelers, our teams, and our partners are our priority because we recognize the importance of what we do. Travel makes people better, makes the world better, but it can be complicated and frustrating. Our role is to overcome these challenges, to make travel more accessible – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Are you a Software Engineer who wants to work for a strong and creative online travel technology company? If you enjoy working in a flexible, Agile environment where your efforts to build critical software that has a direct impact on revenue generation and optimisation, then…Expedia is looking for YOU!
The team at Expedia Group are looking for Tech enthusiasts who are highly motivated and disciplined, to join their awesome Hotels.com Engineering team.
We’ll take your career on a journey that’s flexible and right for you, whilst recognising and rewarding your achievements…
- A conversation around flexible working and what is right for you is encouraged from day one/your first conversations with Hotels.com.
- Competitive salaries and many growth opportunities within the wider Expedia Group.
- Option to attend conferences globally and enrich the technology skills you are passionate about.
- Cash and Stock rewards for high achievers.
- Great travel rewards and discounts for all employees!
What you’ll do:
As a Software development Engineer I in this team, you will collaborate with other experienced software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high-quality results. You will have the chance to work with business partners, leadership and other software developers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems. We guarantee you’ll learn a lot and won’t be bored!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Writing code — lots of it. Much of our code is in Java, but we use all kinds of languages and frameworks, e.g spring, Cassandra, Redis, Docker, Kubernates, Wiremock, AWS… and we welcome programmers of all backgrounds
- Working in an agile team and look for ways to continuously improve through asking and providing feedback.
- You will provide technical guidance to other team members, review work of peers and more junior developers.
- You will act as point of contact for technical issues for specific work streams within a project.
- Being part of the second Hotels.com team in India would mean that your input and participation will be critical to the scaling of Hotels.com India operations
- Work with the business and technology groups to refine requirements and functional specifications
- Along with the rest of the delivery team, responsible for delivering a product that satisfies customer-driven user stories
- Develop code, unit tests and automate acceptance tests in a continuously integrated environment
- Promote good development methodologies via code review and great software design
- Proactively monitor the health of applications owned by the team and address issues
- Encourage people to look at new ways of doing things
- Take care of our development tools and improve our continuous deployment process
Who you are:
We don’t believe in skill matching against a list of buzzwords…
We look for smart people with good general programming skills because we believe that exceptional developers can learn new technologies quickly and well. However, it wouldn’t hurt if you have experience with some of the following (or a passion to learn them):
- Significant experience in Java and web technologies
- Solid experience building APIs and microservices
- Docker, Bamboo and Ansible experience
- Knowledge/experience with AWS services is a big plus
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.