FactSet Off-Campus drive 2020 | Hiring For Software Operations Engineer
FactSet is hiring for the position of Software Operations Engineer. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
Platform Engineering is responsible for integration of all real time or intraday content at FactSet. This
includes real time stock exchange feeds as well as real time news headline / document feeds. This data
is then delivered to our clients for use within the FactSet Workstation or other internal applications.
Platform Engineering has a global presence across seven FactSet offices.
- Primary goal is to maintain the stability of a distributed real time product
- Handle oncall responsibilities which include monitoring (SMS/email) and troubleshooting alerts
- Provide quick fix for production issues and escalate it to appropriate development teams
- Follow up with network team / exchanges on issues related to network infrastructure
- Update and maintain changes to inhouse tools used in production packages
- Evaluate process effectiveness by tracking and monitoring metrics.
- 2+ years of software operations or DevOps experience
- Proficient in written/verbal English communication
- Experience in building and troubleshooting C++/Python based projects
- Proficient in Linux
- Proficient in at least one of the scripting languages (Python/ Bash / Perl)
- Working knowledge of source control tools (Git / Perforce) and continuous Integration tools.
- Good hands-on knowledge of configuration management and deployment tools
- Comfortable working in a real-time, 24/7 production environment
- Comfortable working with geographically diverse team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- B. Tech/BE/M. Tech/ME in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputed college/university