Hotstar Off Campus drive 2021 Hiring For Software Development Engineer
Hotstar is hiring for the position of Software Development Engineer – Roku. For insights and updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video platform in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way – including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop destination for all your entertainment needs – from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
About The Role
We are striving to create the best Video content destination for our consumers on a varied set of devices, from phones to tablets, including devices coming out with bleeding edge of technology. Our web application team is heavily focused on delivering an unmatchable user experience on these devices while our consumers watch the content they love!
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
|Work Location||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Profile||Software Development Engineer – Roku|
|Degree Required||Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.|
Your Key Responsibilities
- As a senior engineer you will influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for engineering lifecycle for living room devices.
- You’ll take ownership of our continued efforts to scale TV app development across different Platforms, providing valuable insight on how we can refine our processes and tools to support additional contributors in our architecture and code.
- Drive feature development for our well-renowned apps for Roku and Smart TV apps.
- Take ownership of end-to-end product quality, from developing and maintaining core app frameworks that help make the apps more reliable and delightful.
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology.
What To Bring
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- Experience in developing software with hands-on experience in building smart TV & OTT Applications.
- Application development experience using Roku SDK, Bright script, Roku Debugging tools.
- Expert in Building UI components & custom controllers in Brightscript.
- Experience with developing apps published on Roku channel store.
- Good working experience on Web Service Integration ( REST, JSON, XML )
- Entrepreneurial spirit, bias for action & ability to work independently.
- Broad knowledge of TV applications pertaining to Media domain like VOD and Linear.
- Experience on using analytics, location and social APIs, payment gateway, media content transcoding and cloud integration, APM tools.
Audacity Self-Awareness Ownership Bias for Action Collaboration Radical Candour Inclusivity Mentorship
The glory. Almost too much responsibility. No dress code. Unlimited leave. A fun-life balance. A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon. 🚀
Who We Are As An Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Who We Are As a Company
We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.
To learn more about our team, check out the following blogs : https://tech.hotstar.com/
Do join our telegram channel for latest job updates : Join Now
Cracking the Coding Interview: click here