Mastercard Off-Campus drive 2020 | Hiring For Software Development Engineer 1
Mastercard is hiring for the position of Software Development Engineer 1. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer-1
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Cyber & Intelligence (C&I) Solutions team is responsible for MasterCard’s safety and security related product development efforts to protect the integrity of the electronic payment system as well as ensure payments are convenient yet secure. The products are primarily focused at Cyber Security, authentication, fraud prevention, risk mitigation and dispute resolution across all payment channels as well as all stakeholders; issuers, acquirers, merchants, processors and consumers. The key objectives of the solutions are to prove identity, reduce abandonments, reduce fraud, increase approval rates and secure the payments ecosystem.
Mastercard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We’re looking for talented software development engineers to develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
- Are you passionate about software engineering?
- Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers across the globe?
- Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
- Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
- Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops and retains the most talented employees around the world?
- Hands-on developer who writes high quality, secure code that is modular, functional and testable.
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery for engineering efforts across a program
- Create or introduce, test, and deploy new technology to optimize the service
- Design and build technical road-maps and guide the development staff on adoption
- Contribute to all parts of the software’s development including design, development, documentation, and testing.
- Have strong ownership of your team’s software and are deep in the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies including hardware, operating system, and build.
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment.
- Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts.
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages such as Java, Angular, Scala, etc.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with TDD and BDD in the software development processes
- Proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), micro-service design, CI/CD, DevOps
- Experience designing scalable fault tolerant platforms that are resilient to infrastructure failures
- Experience with the strangulation pattern and anti-corruption layers to migrate monolithic systems into independent services