Medtronic Off Campus drive 2020 | Hiring For Intern: Graduate (Tech)
Medtronic is hiring for the position of Intern: Graduate (Tech). For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
· The Intern will be a member of the Engineering R&D team working on the development and testing of medical device software on the Android platform.
· The intern will work closely with other members of the engineering staff to provide technical solutions to engineering problems.
· The Intern will be involved in the creation of software code, unit tests, design document and other project artifacts as required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Adheres to defined software engineering policies, standards and procedures.
· Understand the software requirements.
· Develop, test, debug and implementation of assigned software components, software tools and utilities.
· Understand the software design and do the implementation as per the provided design
· Demonstrates good coding practices.
· Functions well in a team environment.
· Deliver initiatives related to new technologies or therapies – from design to implementation using specialized knowledge and skills.
· Makes minor changes in systems and processes to solve problems.
· Follow the defined processes and report the status of the daily tasks
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
· Reports to the Engineering Manager
· Accountable to Principal or Senior Software Engineer(s) and/or Project Manager(s) for project-related responsibilities
· Communicates primarily with internal contacts within immediate group. Contacts others to gather, confirm and convey information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
· Good understanding of the Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
· Good understanding of the data structures
· Basic understanding of the software design patterns.
· Basic knowledge of the software development life cycle stages
· Must be able to understand and implement the code as per the given requirements and design
· Proactive is raising the queries and clarify the doubts to accomplish the assigned tasks
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Good team player
· Good to have
o Exposure to Android development/ testing
o Basic understanding of the class diagrams, sequence diagrams
· Required: B. E. or B. Tech in Computer Science Engineering.
SHORT-TERM SUCCESS METRICS (6-12 MONTHS)
· Demonstrate strong analytical, programming and debugging skills
· Demonstrate strong design and development skills
· Demonstrate strong knowledge on tools and technologies
· Establish trusting relationship with the team and other stakeholders
· Deliver on project commitments.
LONG-TERM SUCCESS METRICS (1+ YEAR)
· Learn and demonstrate Product and Domain understanding
· Demonstrate solid understand of Software Development Lifecycle
· Consistently deliver on Project commitments