Micro Focus Software Engineer
Micro Focus is hiring for the position of Software Engineer. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
Across the world, we work with over 40,000 companies—in fact, we are one of the largest software companies in the world. Through the breadth of our solutions, we help each of our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT—from mainframe to mobile to cloud.
Micro Focus is a pure-play software company, meaning we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have. From the ground up, we are built to sell and support software. We provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. Our software solutions include Enterprise DevOps Hybrid IT Management, Security, Risk & Governance, and Predictive Analytics.
Put simply, when you join us, you’ll be doing work that makes a difference around the globe.
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Using software systems design tools and languages.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software systems running on multiple platform types.
- Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.