NVIDIA Software Engineer
NVIDIA is hiring for the position of Software Engineer. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for Autonomous Vehicles in the DRIVE cloud mapping and infrastructure team. A precise HD map is required for localization and it provides information essential for driving and providing redundancies for increased safety. In this role, you will help craft and guide our unique low-cost map building solution and scale it up to PBs of data across the world, which is the future of NVIDIA’s autonomous vehicle mapping.
We are seeking the best engineers passionate about solving problems for self-driving cars with a background in software design and development in the cloud, deploying and maintaining large scalable systems over a cloud environment. Are you interested in building highly reliable and available systems being deployed to millions of vehicles across the globe to both create and serve maps for self driving cars? If so, join us!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Developing a cloud scale web service for running mapping algorithms involving millions of CPU and GPU hours on the NVIDIA GPU cloud and AWS.
- Dealing with PBs of high definition map data including LiDAR and RADAR point clouds and writing robust APIs to access them.
- Collaborating with different algorithm teams within mapping including algorithms, client and validation and work with storing and processing 3D geometric data and semantic map payloads.
- Collaborating with operations teams to manage the mapping service.
What We Need To See
- BS/MS degree in Computer science or related areas.
- 5 plus years of proven experience building robust software preferably for the cloud.
- Familiarity with networking stack like TCP/IP, HTTP and gRPC.
- Familiarity with at least one database like mySQL, PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
- Strive to learn new things and like solving hard problems.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with multiple teams.
- Great team player.
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- 3+ years production experience with building high reliability, scalability and high availability systems.
- Experience with cluster computing frameworks like Apache Spark and stream processing software like Apache Kafka, container orchestration systems like Kubernetes.
- Experience building Big data solutions that include data pipelining and processing infrastructures.
- Experience with AWS technologies – Lambda, RDS, EC2, EBS, ECS, DynamoDB, Batch.