Plivo Software Development Engineer in Test – II
Plivo is hiring for the position of Software Development Engineer in Test – II. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
Plivo is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 180 employees across its US and India offices. Plivo is part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures.
Plivo has been profitable for the past four years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. Plivo’s success has landed it among the leading, global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
|Experience||5-8 years of experience, with at least 2 years of experience working with distributed systems and REST APIs|
- As part of a cross-functional team, you will be responsible to evaluate systems and customer-facing functionality, along with creating test strategies and test cases to assess quality for Plivo’s Voice API platform.
- Work closely with Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers and Technical Leaders to develop the best technical design and approach for testing our functionality at scale.
- Help build software quality solutions while dealing with ambiguity(where the problem context is not well defined).You are capable of understanding the interaction between the components in a distributed system in order to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Lead automation efforts, and explore new test automation tools and methods.
- Enable test automation for a large suite of microservices.
- Design and build test frameworks that are easy to use and open for extension.
- Drive test coverage and code quality of rapidly iterated apps and services.
- Establish a build/deploy pipeline for components built with varied tech stacks(Python, Golang).Develop test plans and strategies for new features/components with a focus on automation.
- Mentor fellow engineers on test frameworks, strategies, and coverage.
- 5-8 years of experience, with at least 2 years of experience working with distributed systems and REST APIs.
- Good exposure to Non-functional tests strategies like Load, Perf and Chaos.
- Good understanding of testing principles: Stress testing, Functional/Regression testing, Code coverage, TDD/BDD, UAT.
- Experience with AWS is a must.
- Experience with a Python-based test automation framework(e.g. robot) is plus.
- Prior experience in data analytics and UI is plus.
- Good team player.
Perks & Benefits
- Empowerment to plan and execute.
- Medical and Life Insurance.
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Generous leave policy.