Slack Off-Campus drive 2020 | Hiring For Software Engineer
Slack is hiring for the position of Software Engineer. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
|Job Profile||Software Engineer|
|Exp Needed||3+ years|
About the Role
What you will be doing
- Working on impactful projects within a small, agile team to advance Interop’s Calendar, Email, Calls, Files and other Productivity services.
- Developing on Slack’s underlying Cloud (AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef), Logging (ELK), Monitoring (Prometheus+Grafana) and other associated services.
- Participating in an on-call rotation for the services the team owns, triaging and addressing production as well as development issues
- Engaging with Slack’s engineering community to identify potential areas of improvement or pain points and making Slack’s systems safer and more pleasant to operate.
What you should have
- Curiosity about how things work and love to share that knowledge with others
- Familiarity with software engineering practices including unit testing, code reviews and design documentation
- Ability to build tooling, automation and/or services in one or multiple languages (e.g. Go, Bash, Java)
- An interest in building internal products with other engineers as your customers
- Experience deploying and operating services in a Cloud environment
- An understanding of fundamental Linux concepts
You probably tick some of these boxes:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in software engineering, working in a team environment
- Know your way around with one or more programming languages — e.g., Python, Go, Ruby, or others
- About 2 years of experience deploying, operating and debugging server software on Linux
- Experience building and releasing software using Docker containers
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with a large cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- Understanding of deployment automation/configuration management tools — e.g, Chef, Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation or others