Smiths Detection Software Developer
Smiths Detection is hiring for the position of Software Developer In Test. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
SMITHS DETECTION MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE
Every minute of every day, in nearly every country across the globe, Smiths Detection people and technology make the world a safer place. We safeguard people, business and infrastructure with the latest innovations and screening technology for aviation, ports, borders, defence, and security.
What makes us different:
- Global leader: We impact critical systems every day with sites in 17 countries and six centres of research excellence.
- Digital growth: A key part of our capability is the integration of digital technology across our business and our operations in India, Bengaluru specifically, will be critical to our continued success.
- Exciting opportunities: Our growth is creating exciting opportunities to work with experts in physics, chemistry, electronics, mechanics, production, computer science, and AI/machine learning.
- International environment: With some projects, work requires global collaboration and the potential to travel and grow with the business.
|Location||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
The purpose of this role is to develop, sustain and enhance our digital software and solutions.Duties & Responsibilities
What you’ll do:
- Developing modern and professional UIs for web/cloud based applications
- Should have done projects demonstrating experience as a hands-on software developer using Java based frameworks.
- Should have working experience on maintaining coding standards and rules using tools like StyleCop, ReSharper or equivalent
What you’ll definitely need:
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and/or Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of development/coding experience.
- Should have sound knowledge of OOPS concepts, design patterns, software and systems architecture, web/cloud application architecture.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms are an added advantage with experience in performance tuning and scalability management.
- Should have proficiency in one or more programming languages like C#, C++, Java.
- Working experience on relational and non-relational databases like MySQL or MongoDB.
- Preferred working experience on Unit Testing using tools like Nunit, MOQ or equivalent.
- Knowledge of version management using tools like (Git/SVN or similar) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies and Pair Programming is preferred.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and projects at any given time.
- Ability to quickly learn complex software, system and technology.