Swiggy Off-Campus drive 2021 hiring for Software Dev Engineer I
Swiggy is hiring for the position of Software Development Engineer I. For insights and updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
Founded in 2014, Swiggy is India’s leading on-demand delivery platform with a vision to elevate the quality of life for the urban consumer by oﬀering unparalleled convenience — through services like Food Delivery, Swiggy Stores, Swiggy Genie, Culinary Businesses such as Access, Brandworks and Private Brands. The platform connects consumers to over 1,60,000 Restaurant Partners across 520+ Cities. Using innovative technology and deep consumer insights, Swiggy is committed to provide a hassle-free, fast and reliable delivery experience. Every order delivered by Swiggy’s ﬂeet of 2.4 lakh + active Delivery Partners — the largest in India ensures a host of customer-centric features like lightning-fast delivery, no minimum order value, live order tracking, and 24/7 customer support, to name a few.
|Work Location||India, Bangalore|
|Profile||Software Dev Engineer I|
*About the Team*
The Marketplace Fulfilment Team is responsible for the entire post order experience at Swiggy. The technology solutions built by Marketplace Fulfilment Platform (MFP) Team are at the heart of Swiggy’s ability to deliver food to Customers. These systems power and affect the entire journey of a customer’s order; from predicting SLAs for a given set of restaurants using AI models when the app is opened, to the time the order is delivered to the Customer’s doorstep. The team’s charter encompasses all aspects of order fulfilment & logistics, from planning the delivery fleet within a city/zone by time of day, to sophisticated algorithms and ML models that assign orders within minutes, in order to deliver the order within a 30-45min time slot, while maximising utilisation and efficiency of the fleet, to monitoring the order and automating interventions to handle exceptional conditions.
With Swiggy’s unparalleled hyperlocal density, our Maps and Data Sciences team leverage the travel time data of Delivery Partners currently delivering orders, joined with our historical data to enable the speed and compliance of predicted SLAs, in the face of varying traffic condition and item preparation times in different cities, zones and restaurants, and providing live tracking of the order status and driver journey to Customers. Visit our tech blogs to learn more about some the challenges we deal with:
What do we look for?
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong technical aptitude and good knowledge of CS fundamentals ·
- Sound knowledge and application of algorithms and data structures with space and time complexities
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming with proficiency in at least one programming language like Java, Golang, Python etc ·
- Follow industry coding standards and responsible for writing maintainable/scalable/efficient code to solve business problems ·
- Hands-on experience of working with Databases and Linux/Unix platform ·
- B Tech/M Tech in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputed college with 0.6 to 1 year of experience in Product Development Company
Do join our telegram channel for latest job updates : Join Now
Cracking the Coding Interview: click here