Synopsys Off Campus drive 2020 | Hiring Experienced Professionals AS Applications Engineer I
Synopsys is hiring for the position of Applications Engineer I. For insights, practice materials and more such updates related to off-campus drives and internship drives be active on our website.
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chips—faster. We’re the world’s leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And we design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. We enable our customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance—eliminating months off their project schedules.
As the SoC are getting complex and thus includes complex verification methodologies and challenges. To address these needs Synopsys Verification Continuum™ platform provides VCS® simulation, Verdi® debug, SpyGlass® static, VC Formal, fastest emulation system and Prototyping. Prototyping is one of the key solution as it enables verification with real world interface and enabling software development and helps to catch bugs found during system validation. Any bugs found in final ASICs involve re-spins which in turn involve huge cost and may miss the market opportunities for end products.
As Applications Engineer(AE) you will be part of FPGA Team in Verification Group at Synopsys and
- Be responsible for pre-sale and post-sale support of Synopsys’s HAPS Based Prototyping and Synthesis Products namely Synplify Premier
- Works with customers to help successfully prototype their multi-million gate ASIC designs
- Be involved in helping customers implement their designs efficiently on different FPGA’s like Xilinx, Altera, MicroSemi, Lattice using Synplify Premier software
- Be involved in highly technically challenging evaluations of Synopsys’s HAPS Based Prototyping and Implementation Products
- Be a part of Global Support team who act as experts of our FPGA products in Synopsys
- Responsibilities includes supporting Synopsys customers for various product evaluations and post sale support using CRM/Solvent systems
- Helps with Pre-sales activity or product deployments or support issues, you may be required to travel to work in customer sites for specific periods of time
- Publishes solvent articles and developing application notes based on customer experiences
- Be responsible for developing training materials required for the customers
- Contributes improving the Quality of Results in the tools and propose new flows and features
- Bachelors/ master’s in Electronics , Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering with minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Digital Design, VHDL/Verilog/SystemVerilog, Synthesis , Simulation and FPGA architectures such as Xilinx Virtex 7/Altera Stratix V
- Must have good knowledge scripting language such as Perl/TCL/Shell
- Knowledge of ARM buses, display controller/interface, industry standards (MIPI, HDMI, USB, PCIe, SATA etc.) is a plus